Medicare Supplement Plans in Wyoming
There are ten available Medicare Supplement plans in Wyoming. These plans help pay expenses such as copayments, deductibles, and coinsurance that Original Medicare doesn't cover.
- Of all the Medicare Supplement plan options, Cigna's version of the Medicare Supplement Plan G is the most comprehensive plan for a monthly price of $123.
- Cigna offers the best Medicare Supplement Plan N rates at $87 a month, for those that want the best monthly value without compromising coverage.
- If you are looking for a more affordable option, Mutual of Omaha's High Deductible Plan G offers low rates of $36 per month. You must meet the annual deductible which amounts to $2,700 before this plan covers costs.
Below is a highlight of the features and benefits of each plan.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G
Cigna Plan G stands out among Medigap options as it provides beneficiaries with the most comprehensive protection, covering a variety of expenses - apart from the Part B deductible.
Selecting Plan G offers distinctive advantages:
- Comprehensive benefits include coverage for Part B excess charges, Medicare Part A deductible, and Part B coinsurance.
- No referrals are required.
- Freedom to see any medical provider willing to accept Original Medicare.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan N
Specifically, the key benefits include:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- $0 Part A deductible
- Foreign travel emergency healthcare
- Maximum $20 copay for office visits
- Maximum $50 copay for an ER visit (waived if admitted)
Mutual of Omaha High-Deductible Plan G
- Not only does this plan offer identical coverage to Plan G after you meet the $2,700 high deductible, but it is also far more cost-effective than a traditional Medicare Supplement Plan G.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Cigna Plan F is the ultimate choice if you are seeking comprehensive coverage, since it covers all Part A and B deductibles plus coinsurances. Keep in mind that eligibility for this plan only applies to those who have enrolled in Original Medicare before January 1st 2020.
What's the Best Medicare Supplement Company in Wyoming?
Based on our review of several key factors, Cigna is the best Medicare Supplement company in Wyoming.
While Cigna Medigap plans tend to be more affordable in Wyoming, it's not the only factor when selecting the best Medicare Supplement company. For example, depending on your plan letter of choice, one provider might offer Plan N at a lower cost but may be pricier for Plan G; every insurer has its own set of advantages and drawbacks depending on their levels of coverage.
For this reason, Cigna remains our top selection during the review process due to its affordability, expansive range of plan choices, household premium discounts, and high customer satisfaction rates.
This chart compares different Medicare Supplement companies to Cigna that are also available in Wyoming, including sample premiums, ratings, and market share:
Market share: 7.60%
Plan G cost: $123
Plan N cost: $87
Financial strength: A
Mutual of Omaha
Market share: 20.38%
Plan G cost: $123
Plan N cost: $99
Financial strength: A+
Market share: 9.19%
Plan G cost: $144
Plan N cost: $103
Financial strength: A
How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost in Wyoming?
The best price for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Wyoming is $123 per month with Cigna.
Your age and plan choice will have the most significant impact on your premium.
Here you can see how the prices compare for several different plans:
High Deductible G
Plan Popularity in Wyoming
Quotes are for sample purposes only. Prices are the average monthly rate in Wyoming for a 65-year-old female nonsmoker. Part B start date and or medical underwriting may affect your rate.
When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
An application for a Medigap plan in Wyoming is best made within the Medigap Open Enrollment Period (OEP). This period allows you to compare plan options with the insurer and review Medicare benefits pricing, but it cannot be changed or repeated, so it is essential to know when your OEP occurs. For age specifics, see below.
At 65 or older, you can enroll in any Medicare Supplement insurance plan in Wyoming (no matter your health condition) in the six months after you have enrolled in Part B.
When turning 65, you can plan to enroll during the first month that you are 65 years old. After that, your birth month begins the six-month enrollment period, and again, Part B coverage is necessary for enrollment.
If under 65, eligibility is reduced. In addition, some states are required to sell Medigap policies to those under 65 with a qualifying disability or ESRD (end-stage renal disease). As a result, pricing for these Medicare plans usually costs more.
Beneficiaries receive the lowest possible rates during the Open Enrollment Period, and no Medicare insurance company can deny the beneficiary access to any plan. In addition, medical underwriting is not allowed during the open enrollment period - which means that a beneficiary's current and pre-existing health conditions are not a factor in pricing. All of these benefits are called guaranteed issue rights. In certain situations, you may receive these rights, which can be applied in cases such as losing coverage or having a plan that no more extends services in your area. These unique situations are called Special Enrollment Periods, and during them, you can enroll in a Medigap plan without being charged more.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
Cigna, Aetna, and Mutual of Omaha are all excellent companies that offer Medigap plans in Wyoming. Cigna offers a range of plans designed with the needs of Wyoming residents in mind.
The cost can range from $123 to $330 per month. Your exact price will depend on your plan, age, and any discounts or special offers from your insurer.
Medicare Supplement plans in Wyoming range from $36 to $430 per month. Your exact price will depend on your plan, age, and any discounts or special offers from your insurer.
If you don't have guaranteed issue rights, you CAN change whenever you want. However, you will be subject to medical underwriting and may not be approved for the new plan, so you will not want to cancel your existing plan until you get notified of approval for the new plan.
If you do not have a guaranteed issue circumstance or are outside of your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, in that case, you can be denied coverage if your health conditions cannot pass the underwriting process.
- Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans
- Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans
- Cigna Medicare Supplement Plans
- How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost?
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- When Can I Change Medigap Plans?
- Can I Be Denied Medigap Coverage?
- Wyoming State Health Insurance Assistance Program
- Wyoming Department of Insurance
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online