Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Maryland
Medicare Supplement plans in Maryland, also called Medigap, help pay for deductibles and coinsurance that Original Medicare doesn't cover.
- Of the ten Maryland plans offered in 2023, we found Mutual of Omaha offers the best Medicare Supplement Plan G rates, coming in at $142 per month for the most comprehensive coverage.
- Aetna offers the best Medicare Supplement Plan N rates at $99 per month, for those that want the best monthly value without significantly compromising benefits.
- If you're looking for the lowest possible monthly premium, High Deductible Plan G is offered at a low rate of $44 with Mutual of Omaha. This plan has an annual deductible of $2,700 that needs to be met before coverage.
The following information outlines Medicare Supplement plans, highlighting key benefits and the companies with the most competitive prices.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G
- Maryland residents looking for a comprehensive plan that safeguards them from out-of-pocket expenses beyond Medicare Part B's deductible, can take advantage of Mutual of Omaha's Plan G, which offers extensive coverage.
Mutual of Omaha Plan G offers various benefits, such as:
- This coverage includes Part B excess fees, the Medicare Part A deductible, and all coinsurance costs associated with Part B.
- No required referrals.
- Freedom to choose any medical provider that accepts Original Medicare.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan N
- If you're searching for affordable yet reliable healthcare coverage, Aetna Medicare Plan N will be your top choice. Not only does it provide a low premium rate compared to Plans F and G, but also delivers exceptional protection with no compromises in quality.
In addition, here are some of the advantages that come with choosing Aetna Plan N:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- $0 Part A deductible
- Foreign travel emergency healthcare
- Maximum $20 copay for office visits
- Maximum $50 copay for an ER visit (waived if admitted)
Mutual Of Omaha High-Deductible Plan G
- When searching for a way to save money while maintaining the same coverage of Medicare Supplement Plan G, High-Deductible Plan G is an excellent choice. This policy equals Plan G in terms of its benefits. However, you must pay the $2,700 deductible before these benefits become available to you.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F
What's the Best Medicare Supplement Company in Maryland?
Based on our review of several key factors, Mutual of Omaha is the best Medicare Supplement company in Maryland.
While Mutual of Omaha Medigap plans tend to be more affordable in Maryland, it's not the only factor when selecting the best Medicare Supplement company. For example, depending on your plan letter of choice, one provider might offer Plan N at a lower cost but may be pricier for Plan G; every insurer has its own set of advantages and drawbacks depending on their levels of coverage.
For this reason, Mutual of Omaha remains our top selection during the review process due to its affordability, expansive range of plan choices, household premium discounts, and high customer satisfaction rates.
This chart compares different Medicare Supplement companies to Mutual of Omaha that are also available in Maryland, including sample premiums, ratings, and market share:
Market share: 2.25%
Plan G cost: $148
Plan N cost: $105
Financial strength: A
Mutual of Omaha
Market share: 12.41%
Plan G cost: $142
Plan N cost: $100
Financial strength: A+
Market share: 8.87%
Plan G cost: $145
Plan N cost: $99
Financial strength: A
Market share: 39.75%
Plan G cost: $143
Plan N cost: $123
Financial strength: A
How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost in Maryland?
The best price for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Maryland is $142 per month with Mutual of Omaha.
Your age and plan choice will have the most significant impact on your premium.
Here you can see how the prices compare for several different plans:
High Deductible G
Plan Popularity in Maryland
Quotes are for sample purposes only. Prices are the average monthly rate in Maryland for a 65-year-old female nonsmoker. Part B start date and or medical underwriting may affect your rate.
When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
If You are 65 or Older
The best time to enroll is during the Medigap Open Enrollment Period. The Medigap Open Enrollment Period in Maryland starts the first month you are 65 or older and have started your Part B coverage. This period lasts six months, and it cannot be changed or repeated. When you apply during the Open Enrollment Period, medical underwriting cannot be used to determine policy approval, limitations, or pricing. If you try to apply after this window closes, your application can be declined, and if it is approved, you may be charged a higher premium. An exception is made for people with guaranteed issue rights.
If You are Younger than 65
You will likely not be able to purchase a Medigap policy if you are under 65, unless you have a qualifying disability or ESRD (end-stage renal disease). Several states are required to sell at least one Medigap plan to those with a qualifying disability or ESRD. If you live in one of these states, your MOpen Enrollment Period starts when your Part B coverage begins.
Guaranteed Issue Rights
These rights require a Medicare insurance company to:
- Offer at least one Medicare Supplement insurance plan
- Include coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Refrain from billing you a higher premium because of your past or current health condition
Examples of scenarios where guaranteed issue rights may apply, and you may receive a Special Enrollment Period:
- You are employed or retired, and your group health plan is ending.
- You had joined Medicare Advantage, and that plan is leaving your area.
- You are losing Medicare Advantage because you relocated to a place not serviced by your plan.
- You are under 65 and have a disability or end-stage renal disease (this is specific to Maryland and several other states).
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
Aetna and Mutual of Omaha are two of the top choices. Both companies have a long history of providing their customers with quality coverage and a wide range of options.
Premiums for Medicare Supplement Plans in Maryland range from $44- $174 per month but can be more, depending on details such as age, gender, and the type of coverage you select.
Maryland's most popular Medigap plans include Plans F, G, and N.
You can switch anytime, but changing plans inside the six-month Open Enrollment Period is best. Outside of this period, you may not qualify for guaranteed issue rights. This would allow the insurance carrier to decide based on your medical history. As a result, you could face higher monthly premiums or be refused coverage.
No, you cannot be denied coverage for a Medicare Supplement insurance policy during your open enrollment period or if you qualify for guaranteed issue rights. Outside of this, the insurer may accept you at a higher premium or deny coverage based on previous health conditions.
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online