Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the most comprehensive Medicare Supplement plans available today because it covers all Original Medicare gaps except for the Part B deductible.
There are a few things you should know about Medicare Plan G:
- First, Plan G is the best option for low monthly premiums with high-deductible options.
- Plan G includes foreign travel emergency care and Medicare Part B excess charges.
- Approximately 1.4 million Medicare beneficiaries chose the Mutual of Omaha insurance company for their supplemental policy.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits
Plan G covers the following whether you select Mutual of Omaha as your insurance company or go with another leading insurer:
- Part A coinsurance
- Hospital inpatient costs (up to 365 days after Original Medicare benefits are exhausted)
- Copays for emergency room visits
- Part A hospice care copays or coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- Part B preventive office visit coinsurance
- Part B coinsurance or copayment
- Part B Excess charges
- First three pints of blood (for medical procedures)
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- 80% of foreign travel emergency care expenses (up to plan limits)
- Plan G does NOT cover the Medicare Part B deductible.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G Cost
The average price for Medicare Supplement Plan G is $94 - $170 per month for a 65 year-old-female that does not use tobacco.
Two things you should know about Medicare Supplement plan pricing:
- Mutual of Omaha uses attained-age ratings. That means your rates are based on your age when you enroll in the Medigap policy. The older you are, the more you're likely to pay.
- The Household Discount can reduce your monthly premium by up to 12% if you live with someone 60 years or older, even if they aren't Mutual of Omaha customers.
Rate Increase History
Mutual of Omaha rate increases tend to fall between 3% and 10%, comparable to many other insurance companies. Various factors can determine when and how much a rate increases, but Mutual of Omaha tends to have lower and less frequent increases than small insurers.
Since the company uses attained-age pricing to set rates, policyholders may notice rate increases as they age with the plan. That is common for insurance providers to use age attainment as a rating model. In addition, there is a 12-month rate lock that ensures your rate doesn't increase within the first year, and beneficiaries can cancel their Medigap plan within the first 30 days without penalty.
Is a Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G Right for You?
With over 100 years in business, Mutual of Omaha is a trusted and reliable provider. Countless seniors in all 50 states have chosen affordable, top-of-the-line Medicare Supplement policies offered by Mutual of Omaha. We highly recommend purchasing your plan from them. When you purchase Medicare Supplement insurance, you are freeing yourself and your family from worrying about financial catastrophe if you fall ill.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan G does not cover the Medicare Part B deductible. However, the current deductible is low, at $226 a year.
Plan G will pay hospital deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance.
Plan G costs range from $94 to $170 per month, depending on the insurance provider, location, age, and health status.
You can change at any time, but if you do not have a guaranteed issue circumstance or are outside of your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, in that case, you can be denied coverage if your health conditions cannot pass the underwriting process.
Suppose you apply for Medicare Supplemental insurance outside the Medigap Open Enrollment Period and do not have guaranteed issue rights. In that case, you may be denied coverage by the insurance company based on your medical history or existing health conditions.
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors, such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online