Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G
Cigna Medicare Supplement G is one of ten Medicare Supplement plans that help Medicare beneficiaries control medical expenses such as emergency room visits, excess charges, or copayments. Medicare covers 80% of Medicare's approved amount, but you're responsible for the remaining 20%. That's where Cigna Medicare Supplement G comes in.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits
Plan G offers the most comprehensive coverage among the ten supplement plan options on the market.
It covers the following costs:
- Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance
- The hospital costs up to one year after benefits through Original Medicare are used up
- Part A deductible
- Part A hospice care copayments
- Part B coinsurance
- Part B copays
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- First three pints of blood needed for a medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Limited foreign travel emergency care
What Cigna Plan G does not cover:
- Part B deductible
- Prescription drugs
- Dental, eye, or hearing services
Medicare Plan G Cost
The best average price for Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G is $135 per month for a 65 year-old-female that does not use tobacco.
Rates for Plan G vary based on location, gender, and age. Qualifying for a household discount can lower your premium.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Rate Increase History
All companies raise rates, but previous increases don't necessarily indicate future increases. In addition, rate increases vary depending on the insurance carrier, location, and type of policy.
Cigna's rate increases:
- Stay within the industry average of 3% to 10%
- Vary based on current economic factors
- Generally low to moderate as Cigna has high enrollment numbers
Benefits of choosing Cigna Medicare Supplement insurance:
- 12-month rate lock: Your rates won't increase for 12 months.
- Free Look Period: You can cancel your policy for any reason within 30 days.
AM Best rates Cigna Health A+ (Excellent) in terms of financial strength. Based on customer service, competitive rates, and stability, we like and recommend Cigna — and its affiliates, American Retirement Life Insurance Company and Loyal American Life Insurance Company — as a health insurance company.
Please note: We are not Cigna; this is our general opinion of Cigna Medicare Supplement plans. Refer to your complete policy for full coverage details.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
No, but Cigna does offer a Healthy Rewards program which features program discounts in several categories, including Weight management and nutrition, Mind/body programs, Fitness club equipment, Vitamins, and health/wellness products. Contact one of our insurance agents for more information on health and fitness programs.
Plan G does not cover hearing or eye services. However, through the Healthy Rewards program, beneficiaries are eligible for discounts on hearing exams, hearing aids, hearing protection devices, eye exams, eyewear, and Lasix vision correction.
Cigna Medigap Plan G does not cover the Medicare Part B deductible. However, the current deductible is low, at $226 a year.
You can change plans any time of the year, but if you do not have a guaranteed issue circumstance or are outside of your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, in that case, you can be denied coverage if your health conditions cannot pass the underwriting process.
If you do not have a guaranteed issue circumstance or are outside of your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, in that case, you can be denied coverage if your health conditions cannot pass the underwriting process.
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online