Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G is swiftly emerging as the most popular of the ten Medicare Supplement insurance plans.
With Medicare Supplement Plan G, Aetna offers:
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits
Following is an outline of what Plan G covers:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance plus inpatient hospital costs up to 365 days after you exceed Original Medicare coverage
- Part A hospice care copays or coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- Part B coinsurance or copayment, which includes office visits
- Part B excess charges for when you are billed over the Medicare-approved amount
- The first three pints of blood you may need in the emergency room or during a procedure
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency health care (up to plan limits)
Plan G does not cover the Part B deductible. This is a relatively low-cost expense. In 2023, the annual deductible amount is $226.
Aetna Medigap Plan G Cost
A sample premium in Houston (zip code 75851) for a 65-year-old female non-tobacco beneficiary ranges from $117 - $175 per month.
Your age, gender, and smoking habits can also influence your price.
Aetna Plan G Rate Increase History
It is not uncommon for an insurance company to raise rates on Plan G. Rate increases are influenced by geography, policy type, and insurance company volume. In addition, due to increased risk, smaller companies tend to raise rates more than larger companies like Aetna. Historically, rate increases have ranged from 3% to 10%.
Aetna offers the following:
- Guarantee that your price will not change the first year (12-month rate-lock)
- Option to cancel within the first 30 days for any reason (30-day free-look period)
Is Aetna Plan G a Good Medicare Supplement?
Regarding coverage for new beneficiaries, Plan G is the best of all the Medicare Supplement plans available. Aetna has been conducting business since 1853, and their health insurance services include medical, pharmacy, and dental. Some glowing reviews include:
- A.M. Best awarded Aetna an A rating (excellent) for financial strength.
- Business Wire reported in December 2020 that "Aetna is one of the top three U.S. health insurers in terms of medical membership, which has increased to 23.3 million individuals for commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid products."
- CVS Health acquired Aetna health insurance in 2018. Moody states, "Aetna's performance has been solid since the acquisition, and Aetna has managed well through the coronavirus pandemic."
Why Choose Aetna's Medigap Plan G?
Aetna has decades of experience serving seniors, which is why they are a top provider. The size of the company and its years in the business ensure that they have the resources to pay your claims promptly, answer any questions you may have, and resolve any problems that arise. In addition, they have unparalleled online resources, including a member portal that allows you to securely review your policy, update your information or explore Aetna's other offerings. You can also sign up for personalized alerts to let you know when your payment is due or when it's time for renewal.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
Generally speaking, the average monthly premium for a Plan G is around $117 - $175 per month.
If you do not have a guaranteed issue circumstance or are outside of your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, in that case, you can be denied coverage if your health conditions cannot pass the underwriting process.
You can switch Medigap policies anytime, but you may have to pass medical underwriting if you do not have any guaranteed issue rights.
Plan G does not cover the Part B deductible of $226 in 2023.
Medigap Plan G will cover everything Medicare Part A and B cover at 100%, except for the Part B deductible.
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online