Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Mississippi
There are ten Medicare Supplement plans in Mississippi to choose from. Medigap policies cover many expenses not included in Medicare Part A or Medicare Part B, including coinsurance, copayments, and the Medicare Part A deductible.
- Of the ten plans offered, we found that Aetna offers the best Medicare Supplement Plan G rates for the most comprehensive coverage in Mississippi, pricing at $115 per month.
- Aetna also offers the best Medicare Supplement Plan N rates at $80 per month. This plan provides valuable coverage, trading off some benefits to lower your monthly premiums.
- Mutual of Omaha's High Deductible Plan G rate is the best low-cost option. It is substantially less expensive with the same coverage as Medicare Plan G, coming in at $40 per month. This plan is for beneficiaries willing to pay the $2,700 annual deductible before accessing benefits.
Below is a brief overview of what each plan covers.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G
- Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G is the most comprehensive option for Mississippi beneficiaries.
- It covers many out-of-pocket costs except the deductible for Medicare Part B.
Choosing Plan G offers several key advantages:
- Coverage for Part B excess charges, Medicare Part A deductible, and Part B coinsurance.
- No referrals are required.
- Freedom to see any medical provider willing to accept Original Medicare
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan N
- If you are looking to minimize your regular monthly premium costs, Aetna Medicare Plan N is an optimal option. You may have to sacrifice certain benefits, however the financial savings could be worth it.
Plan N offers several advantages, including but not limited to:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- $0 Part A deductible
- Foreign travel emergency healthcare
- Maximum $20 copay for office visits
- Maximum $50 copay for an ER visit (waived if admitted)
Mutual of Omaha High-Deductible Medigap Plan G
- If you're looking for a cost-effective alternative to Medicare Supplement Plan G, Mutual of Omaha's High-Deductible Plan G is worth exploring. Although your monthly payments are significantly lower than with traditional plans, it requires that beneficiaries pay the $2,700 deductible before they can take advantage of its full benefits.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan F
- If you are looking for the most inclusive coverage, then Mutual of Omaha Plan F is your ideal option. This plan covers all Part A and B deductibles as well as coinsurances. However, keep in mind that to be eligible, enrollees must have signed up for Original Medicare before January 1st 2020.
What's the Best Medicare Supplement Company in Mississippi?
Based on our review of several key factors, Aetna is the best Medicare Supplement company in Mississippi.
While Aetna Medigap plans tend to be more affordable in Mississippi, it's not the only factor when selecting the best Medicare Supplement company. For example, depending on your plan letter of choice, one provider might offer Plan N at a lower cost but may be pricier for Plan G; every insurer has its own set of advantages and drawbacks depending on their levels of coverage.
For this reason, Aetna remains our top selection during the review process due to its affordability, expansive range of plan choices, household premium discounts, and high customer satisfaction rates.
This chart compares different Medicare Supplement companies to Aetna that are also available in Mississippi, including sample premiums, ratings, and market share:
Market share: 6.75%
Plan G cost: $124
Plan N cost: $89
Financial strength: A
Mutual of Omaha
Market share: 21.62%
Plan G cost: $118
Plan N cost: $93
Financial strength: A+
Market share: 20.89%
Plan G cost: $115
Plan N cost: $80
Financial strength: A
How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost in Mississippi?
The best price for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Mississippi is $115 per month with Aetna.
Your age and plan choice will have the most significant impact on your premium.
Here you can see how the prices compare for several different plans:
High Deductible G
Plan Popularity in Mississippi
Quotes are for sample purposes only. Prices are the average monthly rate in Mississippi for a 65-year-old female nonsmoker. Part B start date and or medical underwriting may affect your rate.
When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
The best time for Medigap enrollment in Mississippi is during the one-time Medigap Open Enrollment Period. Each beneficiary has a unique period that starts the first month they are enrolled in Medicare Part B and are at least 65 years old.
This enrollment period lasts for six months and comes with the following guaranteed issue rights:
- No Medicare insurance company can deny coverage to any beneficiary within this period.
- The insurer cannot use medical underwriting to determine rates. Instead, they must offer the best rate available in the beneficiary's service area without considering pre-existing or current health conditions.
Beneficiaries applying outside of the Open Enrollment Period will have to submit to medical underwriting, and the insurance company may deny coverage or charge more. As a result, most beneficiaries will receive the lowest monthly premiums when applying during the initial enrollment period.
Special Enrollment Periods
There are several instances where a beneficiary may receive guaranteed issue rights outside the Open Enrollment Period. These may include losing your group health coverage, moving from your plan's service area, or your insurer discontinues your policy, going bankrupt, or leaving your service area. If one of these applies to you, you may receive a Special Enrollment Period.
If You are Under 65
If you are under 65, you may not be able to sign up for a Medigap plan unless you have a qualifying disability or ESRD (end-stage renal disease). Several states are required to sell at least one Medigap to beneficiaries under 65 with a disability. If you live in one of these states, your six-month Open Enrollment Period begins when your Part B coverage starts.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
Aetna and Mutual of Omaha are excellent companies to consider. They are long-time leaders providing health coverage with various plans to suit multiple needs.
Medicare Supplement plans in Mississippi range from $40 - $211 per month. However, the cost of Medicare Supplement plans in Mississippi can vary significantly due to details like personal information, the specific plan selected, and the insurer providing coverage.
Beneficiaries may change their Medigap plan during their initial enrollment period without losing guaranteed issue rights. Outside of this, insurers can require medical underwriting if beneficiaries do not qualify for guaranteed issues rights due to other special circumstances. This may result in higher prices or coverage denial altogether.
Private insurance companies can deny beneficiaries coverage if they apply outside the Open Enrollment Period and aren't qualified for a special enrollment period with guaranteed issue rights.
Medicare Supplement Plan G is often the most popular and cost-effective Medicare Supplement plan available in Mississippi.
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors, such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online