Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Connecticut
There are ten Medicare Supplement Insurance plans in Connecticut available to Medicare beneficiaries. These plans help to fill in the gaps that Original Medicare doesn't cover.
- Of the ten Medicare Supplement plan options, we found Medicare Supplement Plan G to be the best plan for those wanting the most comprehensive coverage. Cigna offers the most competitive Plan G rates at $316 per month.
- We also found Medicare Supplement Plan N is another high value option, offered by Cigna at $240 per month.
- For those wanting the lowest possible monthly rate, Mutual of Omaha offers High Deductible Plan G at $55 per month. The trade off for this lower monthly premium is a deductible of $2,700 per year.
Below is a highlight of the most popular plans and their benefits.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G
- When it comes to providing excellent coverage for Medicare beneficiaries, Cigna Plan G is second-to-none. It offers comprehensive coverage by offsetting many out-of-pocket expenses.
- The only expense excluded from this plan is the deductible for Part B deductible.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan N
- If you're on a tight budget, Cigna Medicare Plan N is a great option - with significantly lower premiums than the other two plans (F and G).
If you choose Plan N, you'll gain access to many benefits:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- $0 Part A deductible
- Foreign travel emergency healthcare
- Maximum $20 copay for office visits
- Maximum $50 copay for an ER visit (waived if admitted)
Mutual Of Omaha High Deductible Medigap Plan G
- If you select the Mutual Of Omaha high-deductible version of Plan G, your coverage won’t kick in until after you pay an initial deductible amount of $2,700; however, all other benefits will remain unchanged when compared to standard Plan G.
- This alternative is significantly more cost-effective.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F
What's the Best Medicare Supplement Company in Connecticut?
Based on our review of several key factors, Cigna is the best Medicare Supplement company in Connecticut.
While Cigna Medigap plans tend to be more affordable in Connecticut, it's not the only factor when selecting the best Medicare Supplement company. For example, depending on your plan letter of choice, one provider might offer Plan N at a lower cost but may be pricier for Plan G; every insurer has its own set of advantages and drawbacks depending on their levels of coverage.
For this reason, Cigna remains our top selection during the review process due to its affordability, expansive range of plan choices, household premium discounts, and high customer satisfaction rates.
This chart compares different Medicare Supplement companies to Cigna that are also available in Connecticut, including sample premiums, ratings, and market share:
Market share: 0.95%
Plan G cost: $316
Plan N cost: $240
Financial strength: A
Mutual of Omaha
Market share: 0.47%
Plan G cost: $429
Plan N cost: $278
Financial strength: A+
Market share: 57.78%
Plan G cost: $210
Plan N cost: $171
Financial strength: A
How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost in Connecticut?
The best price for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Connecticut is $316 per month with Cigna.
Your age and plan choice will have the most significant impact on your premium.
Here you can see how the prices compare for several different plans:
High Deductible G
Plan Popularity in Connecticut
Quotes are for sample purposes only. Prices are the average monthly rate in Connecticut for a 65-year-old female nonsmoker. Part B start date and or medical underwriting may affect your rate.
When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
As with most states, you can apply within the six-month Medigap Open Enrollment Period. This will be the best time to gain your Medicare benefits. In addition, during this enrollment period, pricing and plan options from a Medicare insurance company are better. This period can't be changed or repeated. This period is six months long and starts the month that you have Medicare Part B coverage and are 65 or older.
Connecticut Has Year Round Guaranteed Issue Enrollment
Medigap plans are always available in Connecticut without the need for a health screening. Rates for these plans do not depend on your age, gender, or health. If you don't have prior health insurance or there is a gap in coverage, there may be a limit on coverage for pre-existing conditions. If you already have a policy, you can switch to a new plan if you find it more suitable for your needs.
If you are under the age of 65, Medicare beneficiaries in Connecticut who are eligible due to disability can choose from three standardized Medicare Supplement plans: A, B, and D. Plan C is still only available to those who became eligible for Medicare before January 1, 2020.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
Monthly premiums can range from $55-$429. The cost of Medicare Supplement plans in Connecticut varies depending on the type and level of coverage chosen.
Aetna, Mutual of Omaha, and Cigna are highly-rated providers offering various coverage options for Connecticut seniors.
On average, it typically costs $316 - $429 a month for individuals 65 and older, but you may find lower premiums with the right provider.
Changing Medigap plans can be done any time of the year.
No. In Connecticut, you cannot be denied coverage for a Medicare Supplement insurance policy. Medigap policies are a guaranteed issue year-round.
- Cigna Medicare Supplement Plans
- Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans
- How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost?
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- When Can I Change Medigap Plans?
- Can I Be Denied Medigap Coverage?
- CMS Medicare Services
- Connecticut Medicare Supplement Plans Benefit Chart
- Connecticut Medicare Savings Program
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online