Florida Blue Medicare Supplement Plans
Florida Blue Medicare Supplement plans provide additional coverage beyond what Original Medicare covers and help fill the "gaps" in coverage that you would otherwise be responsible for. With a Florida Blue Medicare Supplement plan, you can visit any doctor who accepts Medicare assignment.
- The three most popular Medigap Plans are Plan F, Plan G, and Plan N.
- With a Medigap plan, you can visit any doctor who accepts Medicare assignment.
- Florida Blue offers issue-age pricing to maintain control of premiums over time.
What Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans Does Florida Blue Offer?
- Florida Blue offers Plan G, but like all versions of Plan G, it doesn't cover Part B's annual deductible of $226.00.
- Plan G covers 100% of everything that Part A and B (Original Medicare) cover, along with Part B excess charges.
- Plan G has the next-best coverage right after Plan F. However, since Plan F is no longer offered to those eligible after January 1, 2020, Plan G is a good choice for new enrollees.
Suppose the difference in the monthly premium between Medigap Plan G and Plan F is more than $15 monthly. In that case, you can save money by buying Florida Blue Medicare Supplement Plan G. Recently, this plan has become increasingly popular because it allows Medicare recipients to save money without taking a significant risk on benefits.
- Medicare Supplement Plan N benefits are considered a more budget-friendly choice if you want to reduce your premiums and still enjoy comprehensive coverage.
- Like Plan G, Medigap Plan N benefits do not pay for the Part B deductible.
- Medicare Supplement Plan F and Plan G pay for Part B excess charges or amounts charged higher than Medicare allows. Plan N does not, so you will probably want to be sure that your doctors and other providers accept Medicare Assignment. If they charge more, you may be responsible for the difference in cost.
- Medigap Plan N also requires copays of $20 for doctor's visits, and your copays have to pay a copay of $50 for some visits to an ER if you are admitted.
- Medicare Supplement Plan F benefits have attracted about four out of ten people who purchase Medigap plans.
- Florida Blue Medicare Plan F will give you all the allowed base benefits the government provides for any Medicare policy. Typically, this also means that the premiums are higher than they are for other choices.
- Plan F is only available to those eligible before January 1, 2020.
- Plan F covers everything that Plan G covers but also includes the Part B deductible, making it the most comprehensive Medigap plan.
How Much Do Florida Blue Medigap Plans Cost?
Medicare Supplement Plan G is $196, Plan N is $162, and Plan F is $223 monthly.
*These examples are for a 65-year-old female who lives in Florida and does not use tobacco.
As you would expect, Plan F is usually the most expensive. In this example, Plan G is cheap enough to make up for the Part B deductible that it doesn't pay. But, of course, future rates may change.
Florida Blue Perks:
As a beneficiary, you can use Forever 65, the issue-age pricing program, to maintain control over the rates for your Florida Medigap plans forever. With this program, you can pay the same as a 65-year-old member when you are 85 or 95 and prevent changing rates.
Florida Blue365 Rewards
Like all Florida Medigap companies, Florida Blue can only offer the basic benefits that Medicare allows for each supplement plan. However, many companies offer membership programs that give their customers access to health-related discounts. Florida Blue's membership program is called Blue365 Rewards.
Some examples of Blue365 Rewards benefits include:
- Dental Solutions dental network discounts
- EyeMed vision exam and eyewear discounts
- Gym Network 360 fitness club membership discounts
- A 30-day money-back guarantee if you decide to terminate your plan
- Ability to visit any doctor or health care in the country that accepts Original Medicare
- No need for a referral from a primary doctor to see a specialist
When Can I Apply for a Medigap Plan?
The best time to enroll if you are eligible is your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, which lasts for six months and starts the month you have Part B coverage. During this time, any beneficiary who applies will be accepted into any plan, and health conditions will not impact pricing. However, suppose you are already past your enrollment period. In that case, you can still apply for a plan, but be aware that insurance companies will review your medical history when granting coverage and charging prices and can deny applications or charge applicants more. You may also have other Guaranteed Enrollment Periods if you move to another state, lose coverage from an employer, and so on. These rights are governed both by federal and state laws.
Can I Qualify for Extra Financial Help?
Here is a list of additional Florida resources that you may be eligible for, including financial assistance:
Florida Shine (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders)
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
Generally speaking, Medigap plans can range from about $162 to $400 monthly for a single person.
Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the most popular Medicare supplement plans.
Suppose you apply for Medicare Supplement insurance outside your Medigap Open Enrollment Period without guaranteed issue rights. The insurance company can reject your application based on your health history or current conditions.
If you have guaranteed issue rights or are in the Medigap Open Enrollment period, changing your Medigap policy is possible.
The ideal time to purchase a Medicare Supplement insurance plan is within your Medigap Open Enrollment Period (OEP), which lasts for six months starting from the first day of the month you turn 65 and enroll in Medicare Part B.
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online