Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Kentucky
Medicare Supplement plans in Kentucky are supplemental insurance policies that help to fill the gaps of Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B) such as deductibles, copayments and coinsurance. There are ten Medicare Supplement plans offered in Kentucky.
- Of the ten plans available in 2023, Cigna offers the best Medicare Supplement Plan G price at $129 monthly for the most comprehensive coverage and benefits.
- Medicare Supplement Plan N is a high-quality plan and is offered for $86 monthly with Aetna.
- High Deductible Plan G is the most affordable option and is offered by Mutual of Omaha at $39 monthly. The plan provides access to the same benefits as the standard Plan G, after you meet the annual deductible of $2,700
Below are some brief highlights of what each plan covers.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G
- Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G offers comprehensive coverage and a variety of benefits, making it an ideal choice for those seeking quality healthcare protection.
- Besides Medicare Part B's deductible, it covers a variety of out-of-pocket costs.
When choosing Plan G, there are several notable advantages:
- This comprehensive plan includes coverage for Part B excess charges, Medicare Part A deductible, and the coinsurance costs associated with Part B.
- No referrals are required.
- Enjoy the convenience of visiting any medical provider who accepts Original Medicare.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Aetna Medicare Plan N is a cost-effective solution for those seeking lower premiums than Medicare Plans F or G.
Plan N offers an extensive list of advantages, including but not limited to:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- $0 Part A deductible
- Foreign travel emergency healthcare
- Maximum $20 copay for office visits
- Maximum $50 copay for an ER visit (waived if admitted)
Mutual of Omaha High Deductible Medigap Plan G
- For those looking for an affordable alternative to Medicare Supplement Plan G, High-Deductible Plan G is worth considering. It offers the same coverage at a much lower monthly cost - but beneficiaries must pay the $2,700 deductible upfront before taking advantage of benefits.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Cigna Plan F is the most comprehensive Medigap plan available, surpassing all other plans in coverage. Not only does it cover deductible costs associated with Parts A and B, but it also includes additional coinsurances. To qualify for this plan, one must have already enrolled in Original Medicare before January 1st 2020.
What's the Best Medicare Supplement Company in Kentucky?
Based on our review of several key factors, Cigna is the best Medicare Supplement company in Kentucky.
While Cigna Medigap plans tend to be more affordable in Kentucky, it's not the only factor when selecting the best Medicare Supplement company. For example, depending on your plan letter of choice, one provider might offer Plan N at a lower cost but may be pricier for Plan G; every insurer has its own set of advantages and drawbacks depending on their levels of coverage.
For this reason, Cigna remains our top selection during the review process due to its affordability, expansive range of plan choices, household premium discounts, and high customer satisfaction rates.
This chart compares different Medicare Supplement companies to Cigna that are also available in Kentucky, including sample premiums, ratings, and market share:
Market share: 6.10%
Plan G cost: $129
Plan N cost: $91
Financial strength: A
Mutual of Omaha
Market share: 13.24 %
Plan G cost: $150
Plan N cost: $108
Financial strength: A+
Market share: 5.63%
Plan G cost: $145
Plan N cost: $124
Financial strength: A
How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost in Kentucky?
The best price for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Kentucky is $129 per month with Cigna.
Your age and plan choice will have the most significant impact on your premium.
Here you can see how the prices compare for several different plans:
High Deductible G
Plan Popularity in Alabama
Quotes are for sample purposes only. Prices are the average monthly rate in Kentucky for a 65-year-old female nonsmoker. Part B start date and or medical underwriting may affect your rate.
When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
The six-month Medigap Open Enrollment Period is the best time to gain Medicare benefits. During this period, pricing and plan options from a Medicare insurance company will be better.
At age 65 or older, enrollment begins the first month you have Medicare Part B, and the enrollment period can't be changed or repeated. During the month you turn 65, this period begins and lasts for six months. Enrollment in Part B is required.
For those under 65, enrollment may not be possible. However, if you have a disability or ESRD (end-stage renal disease), you will qualify for Medicare under age 65. In addition, many states require Medigap insurance companies to sell policies to those under 65, but these plans cost more.
In some cases, you may have guaranteed issue rights and be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, meaning an insurance company can't refuse to sell you a Medigap policy or charge you more if the following happens:
– A Medicare Advantage Plan leaves Medicare or stops providing in your area
– You move out of the plan's service area
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
The monthly premium for these plans ranges from $39 to $215 but may be higher or lower depending on the specific variable such as your age, gender, and location.
In Kentucky, Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the most comprehensive and cost-effective options. It covers additional expenses such as coinsurance, copays, and Part A deductible that Original Medicare does not cover.
Medicare Plan G in Kentucky typically costs around $129 - $150 monthly, but prices vary depending on details like location, tobacco history, age, and gender.
You can change Medigap plans any time of the year, but the best time is during your initial Open Enrollment Period or when your circumstance qualifies you for guaranteed issue rights. You can be denied when trying to change outside of this, or your rates can increase due to past medical history.
In Kentucky, you can be denied coverage for a Medicare insurance policy if you're outside your Medigap Open Enrollment period or do not qualify for guaranteed issue rights.
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online