Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans
Mutual of Omaha is a leading provider of Medicare Supplement plans, offering a range of coverage options to help meet the healthcare needs of Medicare-eligible individuals. Mutual of Omaha's Medigap plans are designed to help fill the gaps in Original Medicare coverage, providing additional benefits like coverage for deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments.
- The top three Medigap plans are Plan G, Plan F, and Plan N – each providing different levels of coverage.
- With a Medigap plan, you can access any medical facility that accepts Medicare assignment.
- Premiums for Plan G range from $94 - $170 per month.
What Medicare Supplement Plans Does Mutual of Omaha Offer?
- Mutual of Omaha offers Plan G, but like all versions of Plan G, it doesn't cover Part B's annual deductible of $226.00.
- Plan G covers 100% of everything that Part A and B (Original Medicare) cover, along with Part B excess charges.
- Plan G has the next-best coverage right after Plan F. However, since Plan F is no longer offered to those eligible after January 1, 2020, Plan G is a good choice for new enrollees.
Suppose the difference in the monthly premium between Medigap Plan G and Plan F is more than $15 monthly. In that case, you can save money by buying Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G. Recently, this plan has become increasingly popular because it allows Medicare recipients to save money without taking a significant risk on benefits.
High-Deductible Plan G
- High Deductible Plan G pays the same benefits as a Plan G once the annual plan deductible is met – the 2023 yearly deductible is $2,700.
- It does not cover the Part B deductible amount – 2023 Part B deductible is $226.00.
- Part B deductible counts toward the annual deductible amount.
Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan N is a budget-friendly solution with benefits that, while being fewer than those of Plan G, will still help you keep most medical costs from getting out of control. It doesn't pay for the annual deductible for Part B or Part B excess charges. The most significant difference of Plan N from G or F is that Mutual of Omaha Medicare Plan N requires a $20 copay for doctor's visits, and trips to the emergency room have a $50 copay when they aren't followed by hospital admission.
Of all Medigap policies, Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan F has proven the most popular in the past. It's the most robust insurance policy, so owners shouldn't have to worry about out-of-pocket expenses, Part B excess charges, or skilled nursing facility care; however, it's also almost always the most expensive because of the richer benefits. It is also important to remember that Plan F is only available to those eligible before January 1, 2020.
Plan F covers everything that Plan G does but also includes the Part B deductible, which Plan G does not.
How Much Do Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans Cost?
- Plan G ranges from $94 - $170 per month.
- Plan N ranges from $77 - $102 per month.
- Plan F ranges from $136 - $176 per month.
These are price examples for a 65 year-old-female that does not use tobacco. Three different calculation methods are used to determine your Medicare Supplement plan premiums.
- Community-rated – All customers are charged the same rate with a community-rated plan.
- Issue age – If your insurance company used this method of calculating rates, your rates would be based on your age when you first signed up for your plan. You do not have to worry about your monthly premium increase as you age.
- Attained age – With this method, your rate is based on the period you are at and the time you pay your premium. So as you age, your rates will go up.
When Can I Enroll in a Medicare Supplement Plan?
The best time to apply is during your Medigap Open Enrollment Period. This period begins the first month you are 65 and have Part B coverage, and it will last for six months. You cannot be denied coverage or charged more due to pre-existing health conditions during this time.
Once your six month open enrollment period ends, obtaining a Medicare Supplement Plan may be difficult unless an insurance company in your state offers guaranteed issue rights. Guaranteed issue means that insurance companies must provide you with a policy without considering any medical conditions that may increase the risk to them as long as specific requirements are met.
It is essential to note that obtaining a policy outside of open enrollment may cost more than received during the initial enrollment period and have fewer benefits available than policies purchased during open enrollment.
Why We Recommend Mutual of Omaha
Mutual of Omaha is a trustworthy company aiding millions of beneficiaries since 1909. Their A.M. Best Company rating is an A+, a superior rank for the industry. Those looking for good customer service need to look no further than Mutual of Omaha, for their long track record has given them plenty of experience in Medicare.
Please note: we are not Mutual of Omaha; this is merely our personal opinion of their business.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G in your state.
Generally speaking, these plans can cost anywhere from $77 to $400 or more monthly.
Medicare Supplement Plan G is the most popular and widely used Medicare supplement plan currently available.
If you do not have a guaranteed issue circumstance or are outside of your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, in that case, you can be denied coverage if your health conditions cannot pass the underwriting process.
You can change at any time, but if you do not have a guaranteed issue circumstance or are outside of your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, in that case, you can be denied coverage if your health conditions cannot pass the underwriting process.
Medigap Plans such as C, D, F, G, M, or N will provide foreign travel emergency care coverage. Coverage varies by plan.
Please note that the average quotes provided are for demonstration purposes only. Your actual premiums will be determined based on several factors, such as your health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online